News:The Andhra Pradesh Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with German firm to implement Zero Budget Natural Farming in the state.
About Zero Budget Natural Farming:
- Zero-Budget Natural Farming(ZBNF) is a holistic alternative to the present paradigm of high-cost chemical inputs-based agriculture.
- ZBNF is a farming practice that believes in natural growth of crops without adding any fertilizers and pesticides or any other foriegn elements.
- The word Zero Budget refers to the zero net cost of production of all crops (inter crops, border crops, multi crops).The inputs used for seed treatments and other inoculations are locally available in the form of cow dung and cow urine.
- The states that are practicing Zero Budget Natural Farming includes AP, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Kerala.
About ZBNF in Andhra Pradesh:
- Government of Andhra Pradesh is implementing ‘Zero-Budget’ Natural Farming (APZBNF) Programme through Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS).
- The programme has been initiated in 2015-16 with multiple objectives of enhancing farmers’ welfare, consumer welfare and for the conservation of the environment.
About Rythu Sadhikara Samstha(RySS):
- Rythu Sadhikara Samstha(RySS) is a not-for-profit company fully-owned by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- It has pioneered Zero Budget Natural Farming in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The aim is to reach universalization of Natural Farming practices by reaching 6 million farmers and converting 8 million hectares into natural farming fields.